Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

Wind

I envy the wind, its natural fluidity, and its invisibility. The wind is almost impossible to notice when it is a light breeze. When it stops though, I can tell something is missing, but can't quite put my finger on what that is. I love how when it picks up it shakes leaves off of the trees and makes the long bladed grass dance in soft swirling motions. It's interesting that wind is usually noticed in the state of ripping shingles off roofs or numbing cheeks, making table cloths levitate, and hair float. That is when it is called a nuisance, but I see it differently. I enjoy when it brings a tear rolling vertically across my face into my hair. I savor the sounds that get caught in the wind, like a fly in a spider web, being carried across the land to my ears. I like the chill clinging to my cheeks and hands. I can see its beauty as it puts everything into motion, but also its terror when it rages in fury. In the end though, I can always breath it in and relax knowing it is pushing me along where ever I'm going.

3 comments:

  1. General thing: I love the layout and background on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is so poetic and deep, I really like how you listed the things that comes with wind, both good and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding your opinion gives a nice thought to this post and helps us get to know you as a writer.

    ReplyDelete